Hull type : single chine, V bottom, full displacement.
LOA: 45ft 3 inches
Draught: 4ft 8inches
Displacement: Light 17.25 long tons
- To DWL 20.17 long tons
- Loaded 23.2 long tons (to load waterline)
Power: 100-200H.P. heavy or medium duty diesel engine
Stern gear: Max propellor diameter: 28 inches
- Gearbox reduction: 3:1
- Shaft: Stainless steel, 2-21/2 inches diameter (50-65mm)
Speed: 8 knots
Fuel capacity: 307 Imperial gallons (1396 litres)
Water capacity: 29 imperial gallons (132 litres)
Range (approx) : 546 nautical miles at 8 knots, 1000 nautical miles at 6.5 knots
Hull material: mild steel. Bottom 6 mm, sides 5 mm, deck and bulwark 4 mm
Wheelhouse: 20 mm marine plywood (fibre glassed) on 50 x 75 mm wood frame
- Windows: 12 mm toughened glass
SCV Code information
CAT 2: 60 miles from a safe haven
PARA 126.96.36.199 less than 15 persons less than 1000 kg cargo = simplified stability test (stiffness test) (described in para 11.4.1 )
Freeing ports, freeboard, construction etc. comply.
Click on these links for more information about the Vergoyer 45:
- Vergoyer 45 waterline and deck drawing (in a pdf file).
- Vergoyer 45 boat design analysis
- Stability analysis and intact statical stability curves for the Vergoyer 45
To buy study plans or the full plans package, click on 'buy boat plans' below, or to view other boat plans click on the link below.